Thursday, August 15, 2013

ginger-ish

My great grandma, Corynn's namesake, had the loveliest most beautiful auburn hair you've ever seen. Not carrot top orange or frizzy red...but an electric deep rich auburn. None of her three children were redheads. But they carried the gene, because some grandchildren and great grandchildren and great great grandchildren are reds. None of them have the same beautiful color as my great grandma though.

Evie had super dark hair when she was born, almost black it was so dark. Pretty much instantly it began to lighten to a beautiful brown. And then when she was about 3 months old we started to notice some orange. Could we have a ginger?

As she continued to age, her hair continued to lighten. But it still held onto its auburn strands. Now she is almost 2 years old and has the most beautiful color of hair. Its a strawberry blonde and I'm in love. I'm not going to lie, I would have loved for her to have my gram's hair color. But even so, everytime the sun kisses her peachy strands, I smile and think of my grandma.






Love my ginger!   



No comments: