Wednesday, August 07, 2013

sisters

Sisters. I never had a sister growing up. I hear about the sisterly bond and somedays wonder if my girls will have it.  For me it's a friend, a dear friend that I love with all my heart. We've known eachother since we were 7. We grew up together. Laughed together. Cried together. We were even present for the births of eachothers kids. Present like in the room right next to each other...supporting, cheering and comforting. I'm hoping and guessing its something like that. I really hope my girls develop this bond with each other. The age difference may seem like a lot now, but once they are older, married and become parents themselves- I think it won't seem like such a large span of years.

The other night gave me hope, a tiny glimmer that despite all the bickering, eye rolling, sarcasm and fighting...they might actually love eachother. I have found as a parent that its recognizing these little moments and appreciating them that gives me the most joy.


Evie giving Corynn raspberries on her leg. 

Evie loves to give raspberries! 

Sisterly cuddles


OH- its Kwynn's turn! 

Someone's getting tired

And then come the tickles! 

No comments: