Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Virginia Tech

The girls and I take my brother to work in the morning. Its in Waverly - so I try to let the kids sleep by listening to 87.7 FM. Its channel 6 NBC but broadcast over the radio. The kids hate listening to the news and usually dose off. This morning I chose to listen to the radio instead so that they wouldn't have to listen to the reports about the shootings. But the music station was talking about it too- so I switched it back to the news station. It was quiet so I assumed the girls were sleeping. But as soon as we dropped Trev off- McKynna asked "Why?"

Its one of those things you don't ever want to talk to your children about. During the 30 minute drive back to school we talked about what happened and where. The girls asked alot of great questions and I am glad they asked. They love going to school and learning and I would hate for that to change.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow- I am so glad Cayden isn't old enough to fully understand what happened!

Audra said...

I know what you mean- i am glad puka is too little too! It is just so sad and unimaginable- I wouldn't know how to explain that to someone so young!